Motera Stadium, the world’s largest cricket stadium, is a must destination when you travel to India. Here are some facts and information about the Motera Stadium in Gujarat, which is the largest cricket stadium in the world.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) revealed the first look of the new Motera Stadium, also known as Sardar Patel Stadium, which is situated in Gujarat, stating on Twitter that it will be the largest cricket stadium in the world, beating out Australia’s iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MGC).
MGC is currently the largest cricket ground in the world with a seating capacity of 90,000 people. Motera Stadium has a significantly larger capacity and will be the largest cricket facility ever made.
Here are some facts about the Motera Stadium in Gujarat:
1. The Motera Stadium is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat and is the largest cricket stadium that has ever been built in the world.
2. Originally named as the Gujarat Stadium, the stadium was later changed to Sardar Patel Stadium as a tribute to the legendary freedom fighter. It is also known as the Motera Stadium.
3. The stadium hosted ODI in 1984 for the first time. The reconstruction of the stadium was recently proposed by the Gujarat government.
4.The renovated stadium will most likely be inaugurated on February 24, 2020.
5. The overall renovation of the stadium cost around 7 billion rupees.
6. BCCI announced that the Motera Stadium will have a capacity of 1,10,00 seats, which beats out MGC’s seating capacity.
7. The stadium host an exhibition match between Asia XI and World XI in later 2019.
8. US President Donald Trump inaugrated the stadium during his visit the Gujarat in February last year.
9. ‘Namaste Trump’, the event to welcome President Donald Trump took place inside the stadium.